The flirt pole is the perfect way to provide exercise for your dog and work on impulse control exercises at the same time. We've chosen the Squishy Face Studio range of equipment for it's sturdiness and excellent design. Easily change lures without the use of fasteners that can injure your dog's mouth
Lightweight - the Flirt Pole with the included lure weighs less than one pound.
Soft, non-slip grip and wrist strap for easy handling
It's the only toy on the market that uses bungee cord to prevent whiplash when the lure is caught.
Flirt Pole Length
The difference between the two Flirt Pole sizes relates to the size of your play area. We recommend a minimum unobstructed space of 15’x15’ to use the regular size Flirt Pole. The Jr. 24" size is much easier to use in play areas smaller than that.
Two colours are available, the orange/yellow fleece lure which has a squeaker and the blue/aqua fleece lure which doesn't. Replacement fleece lures of all combinations can be found here.
Safety Warnings & Tips
- We recommend briefly walking your dog both before and after using a flirt pole to help prevent muscle strains.
- Flirt Poles are powerful dog training devices and should be used responsibly. Never use for extended periods of time without letting your dog take breaks and drink water.
- Causing any dog to jump can be hazardous; especially dogs under one year of age, whose bones are still growing.
- Never use a flirt pole with dogs who have joint and/or hip problems.
- We highly recommend only using the Flirt Pole outdoors on a grass or earth surface.
- Wearing closed toe shoes is recommended if your dog has a tendency to run over your feet, with claws digging in.
- Do not release your grip when your dog catches the lure. Letting go while the bungee cord is stretched can result in the pole section flying towards your dog at a high rate of speed.
- Never attach a hard or heavy lure to the bungee cord. If your dog releases it with the cord stretched, you will have a dangerous projectile flying towards you.
- The Flirt Pole is not designed to be used as a tug toy.
- Never let your dog play with the Flirt Pole unsupervised. It will not survive as a chew toy. Always put it away after use.
- Do not allow your dog to chew on the bungee cord. Check cord frequently for damage and discontinue use if damage is found.
- For best results, also use the Flirt Pole as a training tool. Train your dog to sit, lie down, and wait to go after the lure until you give the command to do so.
- Let your dog briefly catch the lure every few minutes and give them praise when they catch it, but then ask them to release the lure and start over.